Sorry Poopli people, it's been a long time coming but the end is here.
It's not the way I wanted to end Poopli, but like the series finale of Roseanne, we've got to make due with what we're working with. The system suffered some major damage due to the hosting provider upgrading what was one of their oldest systems. I'm not blaming them at all but it did set a sequence of events that really messed things up.

Between rebuilding some deprecated classes that I can no longer support - namely the modules that import the feeds from the poopli updater - and having to upgrade the dependencies, some additional server modules, and having not really touched the code in a few years, it's going to be an impossible task to get done any time soon.

At the same time, the outage caused a data corruption issue by essentially writing empty data into ongoing show requests - this caused the database to shut itself down and the backup memory database took over.

As the main database sputtered to life every now and then, the memory data dumped and synced. Unfortunately the sync was off and this caused even more issues. Long story short, Poopli is going to sleep now. What started as a fun project to demonstrate some database migration utilities took on a life of it's own.

I'd like to thank everyone who donated, contributed to, used, relied on, and helped develop Poopli over the years. There have been many people that have helped grow our little community and for that I am grateful. Next weekend I'll clean up some of the code and post it all to GitHub for anyone that might want to take the reigns. I've got a snapshot of a working DB and the code before things went sideways.

It no longer works on the current server setup but I am sure someone with some time can get her working again. I wish you all well.

Take care! -- Archie
email me at archdog "at" gmail "dot" com or catch me on twitter @archie_borland